Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wow! Good luck trying to eat one serving. This is the most delicious fettuccine ever. If you want leftovers, this probably isn't the dish for you. Recipe courtesy of Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook. YUM YUM!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 8 ounces large shrimp (fresh or frozen, peeled, deveined, and thawed)
- 12 ounces fettuccine or 12 ounces spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, for garnish (fresh)
- Warm oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel.
- Add shrimp, scallops, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water and drain pasta.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add cooked pasta and toss with butter to coat.
- Stir in cheese, reserved cooking water, half-and-half, salt, and pepper.
- Using tongs, transfer pasta to 4 serving plates.
- Pile shrimp and scallops atop pasta and garnish with parsley.
it was a wonderful dish everyone loved it.