- Ready In:
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 1 1⁄3 1 1/3 cups light cream or 1 1/3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces spinach fettuccine or 6 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- parsley sprig (optional)
- Thaw scallops, if frozen.
- Cut any large scallops in half; set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together half and half, light cream, or milk; parsley; cornstarch; and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking).
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds.
- Add scallops to the hot wok.
- Stir-fry about 2 minutes or till scallops turn opaque.
- Push scallops from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce.
- Add sauce to center of wok.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Add cooked fettuccine, tomato, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce.
- Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or till heated through.
- Serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
- Nutrition information per serving: 416 calories, 25 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 496 mg potassium.
Join The Conversation