I usually serve this over rice or pasta. By the time the rice or pasta is done, this stir-fry is ready to serve. I found this recipe in a Canadian Living magazine a couple years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste or 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut in thin strips
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1Combine stock, cornstarch and salt; set aside.
- 2In large non-stick skillet, heat half of the oil over med-high heat; cook chicken stirring often, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- 3Transfer to plate.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil; cook garlic, ginger and curry paste, stirring for 1 minute.
- 5Add peppers; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 6Stir stock mixture and pour into skillet; bring to a boil.
- 7Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 8Add chicken and onions; cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast chicken Curry with Red Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 309.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste