Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I usually serve this over rice or pasta. By the time the rice or pasta is done, this stir-fry is ready to serve. I found this recipe in a Canadian Living magazine a couple years ago.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste or 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut in thin strips
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Combine stock, cornstarch and salt; set aside.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat half of the oil over med-high heat; cook chicken stirring often, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil; cook garlic, ginger and curry paste, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add peppers; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir stock mixture and pour into skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Add chicken and onions; cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until heated through.
I find this recipe to be quick and simple but also has a terrific taste!