Fast Chicken Curry
A money saving meal in a hurry. From Jan / Feb edition of "In my Kitchen".
- Ready In:
- 8 chicken thighs, boned and cut into strips
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a deep nonstick saucepan, add onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the curry paste and cook while stirring for at least a minute.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes, broccoli and coconut milk to the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and cook over a low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We liked this, my only change was to cook the broccoli separately and add it just before serving, so that it kept its crispness and lovely green colour. This would probably be very good with pumpkin cubes added as well, allowing them to cook in the sauce. Good curry, made for I Recommend, thank you Kathy!Reply
see 6 more