Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an irresistible breakfast sausage!
- 5 lbs boneless pork butt
- boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 lb salt pork or 1 lb unsalted side pork, skinned and cubed
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cloves, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, Ground
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Put pork and salt pork through food chopper with coarse blade in place.
- Blend in remaining ingredients thoroughly, adding just 1 tablespoon of salt at first.
- Make a small patty of the meat and cook in skillet; taste; add more salt if desired.
- Shape into patties and fry in large skillet until well browned on both sides and cooked through or wrap and refrigerate, or freeze.