1/1 Photo of Farfalle Al Salmone Affumicato (Pasta With Smoked Salmon Cream)
A dish I heartily enjoyed recently in Tuscany. This is me experimenting at making it - no claims to authenticity - it is toothsomely tasty, though. It can be on your table in practically no time at all and is dead-simple to make. I have also made this using left-over, cooked salmon, and it is still very good indeed, although missing the smokiness of the original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into julienne strips
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper (or more)
- freshly-grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Cook the pasta in lots of boiling, salted water until dente. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes, careful not to let the garlic brown or burn. Add vodka and cook a further minute or so for alcohol to evaporate. Add half and half and cream cheese and whisk until the cream cheese has melted into the sauce. Add the pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and all of the smoked salmon. Keep tossing and cooking the pasta in the sauce for 1-2 minutes so that the pasta absorbs some of the sauce, but is still coated in a 'runny' and creamy sauce.
- 4Garnish at table with freshly-grated parmegiano-reggiano cheese and more freshly-cracked black pepper, as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farfalle Al Salmone Affumicato (Pasta With Smoked Salmon Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.4
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 685.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 27.6 g