Recipe by madriley61
The title of the recipe says it all. I've made this many times for both friends and family and everyone that's tasted it has loved it. You need to use 1" or thicker boneless loin chops. I sometimes double the sauce because its so delicious. I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but its from my favorite cookbook, that will remain nameless since my dog ate the cover and I can't remember the title.
Top Review by Miss Eve
My son and I have Birthdays a day apart so this time I made your recipe to celebrate the occasion and I'm so glad I did. It was way over the top with none left over because we made little pigs of ourselves. What a wonderful way to fix pork chops! Thank you soooo much for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat add chops and brown all over.
- Arrange chops in a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Add mushrooms to drippings in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat without stirring for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir to moisten.
- Pour in wine and bring to a boil.
- Add cream and chicken broth, simmer, stirring, to thicken.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover tightly with a double layer of foil.
- Bake at 350 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until pork chops are fork tender.