Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From "Farm to Fork"
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 ounces turkey bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats, not instant
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey, preferably 85% lean
- 1 1⁄4 cups chili sauce or 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350. In large skillet, heat oil over med-high. Cook bacon, stirring til almost crisp, about 4 minute Add onion and bell pepper; season with salt and pepper and cook til veggies are soft, about 3 minute Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Transfer to large bowl, add evaporated milk and let cool.
- Add turkey, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t pepper and 2 T chili sauce or ketchup and stir well to combine. Transfer to 5x9 loaf pan and smooth top. Spread remaining chili sauce over top. Bake til cooked through, about 1 hour and 10 minute (Thermometer should read 165). Let cool in pan 20 minute.