Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I found this recipe on mrbreakfast.com. Having a very allergic child, I was thrilled to find this recipe. Egg-free french toast? Who knew?!
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat griddle to just above medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except bread and butter. Mix until the cornstach is disolved. Transfer mixture to a shallow bowl or pan.
- Dip both sides of each bread slice into the mixture.
- Melt butter on the griddle or skillet. Place bread on heated surface and cook each side to a light golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
i found that if u use a stiffer bread it HELPS a lot.. i pre toasted my bread a tad.. not enuf to brown it.. and it made the same great tasting french toast as if it had egg THANK YOU!
I made these for my egg allergic daughter and it was inedible. Soggy, soggy, soggy. Will not make these again.
I was so excited to find this recipe because my son is allergic to eggs. I figured we could never have French toast again unless he outgrew his allergy. This recipe was amazing! I added cinnamon in it for extra flavor. It tasted like the recipe my mom had always used when I was growing up except that her recipe used eggs! I've passed on the recipe to my dad since he has to watch his cholesterol but loves French toast! **I found just using the butter on the skillet wasn't enough to keep the bread from sticking to the skillet, so I used Non-stick spray and that worked wonderfully (I still used the butter to add more flavor since the spray has no flavor).