1 hr 15 mins
This is a wonderful peach pie! I like mine without the raspberry sauce topping, as I do not care for raspberries. However, I have made the sauce for company and it has always gone over to great comments and recipe requests. From Pillsbury: Fresh peaches never tasted better! An old-fashioned favorite is even better with a lusciously easy berry sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust (box 15 oz Pillsbury softened as directed on box.)
- 1301.24 ml fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (8 to 9 medium up to 6 cups total)
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1PIE DIRECTIONS:.
- 2Heat oven to 400°F
- 3Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- 4In large bowl, gently mix peaches and lemon juice to coat.
- 5Gently stir in all remaining pie ingredients.
- 6Spoon into crust-lined pan and top with second crust; seal edge and flute.
- 7Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- 8Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- 10Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- 11SAUCE DIRECTIONS:.
- 12Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- 13If necessary, add water to reserved raspberry liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- 14Gradually stir liquid into sugar mixture and cook, stirring contantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- 15Gently fold in raspberries; stir in almond extract.
- 16Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 17To serve, cut pie into wedges; place on individual dessert plates.
- 18Spoon sauce over pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Southern Peach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g