Fresh Peach Pie
From an old issue of House and Garden magazine that I was browsing through. Haven't tried it yet, but want to soon!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 pre-baked 9-inch pie shell
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Spread mixture over bottom of baked and cooled piecrust.
- Place remaining sugar, orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, cornstarch, and 1/2 cup peaches in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Toss remaining peaches with remaining lemon juice and set aside.
- Add peaches to cooked mixture and stir to coat. Let mixture cool.
- With slotted spoon, scoop up peaches and place in piecrust. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION