Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the easiest oxtail soup I have ever made, it taste like a gourmet version of beef and vegetable soup. It's the ultimate winter comfort food with so little effort!
- Bring 10 cups of water to boil.
- Add the oxtails, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions and bay leaf.
- Bring back to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the barley and simmer on low for one hour longer.
- That's it!
- You can serve the oxtail on the side or you can tear off the meat and shred into smaller pieces and put it back into the soup.
can not beleive how good this is
Could use another tomato or two.
Yummy!!! This is my first experience cooking with oxtails and it won't be my last! =) What a rich broth....It reminded me of a good scotch broth/pepper pot soup. I love it. I used a pressure cooker to make this soup. First I cooked the beef for 30 minutes and then simmered the vegetables for another 30. Really warming and hearty! Five containers of this great stuff stacked in the freezer waiting to go to work with me soon. Thanks sooo much for posting! =)