Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Let's face it when you have kids you need quick throw together meals alot. This one is quick and easy. BUT still very good.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package smoked sausage, cut in 1/4 in slices
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce, green pepper sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- cajun seasoning
- Melt butter in saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and sausage cook 5 min or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice, chicken broth, green pepper sauce, tomatoes, and cajun seasoning mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes before stirring.
I was very happy with this recipe. I made slight changes. I added 1/2 cup cooked, diced chicken and a bit more spice. I also added about one more cup of chicken broth than the recipe called for. Otherwise, made as directed and DH and I both liked it lots. Also, DH took part of the recipe to work and shared with his buddies... they requested I send MORE. I am going to add shrimp next time. Thanks TLiz
Delicious and most excellent! Instead of chicken broth we used vegetable broth, but it still turned out a dream! Thanks for this recipe, I can't wait to have it again.
I made this tonight and it was spicy, tasty, and very easy. I added diced chicken and I used olive oil instead of butter. I found three tablespoons of hot sauce to be too much. Next time I'll try it with one. I'll make this one often.