photo by carolinajewel
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups uncle ben converted rice
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can mushroom pieces or (13 1/4 ounce) can canned mushroom slices, drained
- other cajun seasoning or creole seasoning (don't skimp here!)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb chicken (your preference, cut into bite-size pieces, I have used half left over turkey or chicken, and half s)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large dutch oven, saute the onions in the butter until soft.
- Add the rice, mixing until rice is coated.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cajun seasoning to taste and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, onion soup and beef broth.
- Add your meat choice, and stir to combine.
- Cover the pot (dutch oven), and place in oven, baking 45-60 minutes.
- Stir once, halfway through cooking time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum yum yum!! I left out the bell peppers because my family has texture issues and added leftover Thanksgiving Turkey. So good. The green pepper Tabasco Sauce sneaks up on you but we are a spicy-loving family. Thanks for posting a simple Jambalaya recipe...all the other ones I've found look complicated. I will be making this often!