Recipe by MizzNezz
Even the beginner cook can make these. And they're true home-made rolls. They must chill 2 hours. Or you can make them up 3 days in advance.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
These were excellent! I thought the taste was wonderful and they looked beautiful. The dough was so easy to work with and rose just fine for me. I served these as part of my Thanksgiving meal and everyone commented on how light and fluffy these rolls were. Delicious!NOTE: I did knead the dough a bit before refrigerating it, even though the instructions didn't mention kneading.
- 1 cup water (110 degrees F)
- 2 packages yeast (Do not use the quick rising in this recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and yeast in lg bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- With wooden spoon, stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time and beat in as much as you can.
- (you will probably be able to use all the flour) Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 3 days.
- Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Divide into 24 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a smooth round ball.
- Place in rows in prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour; until doubled.
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Bake until golden brown, about 17 minutes.