1/2 Photos of Easy Chicken Stew and Dumplings
This is a quick dinner or lunch just for 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 -1 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables, defrosted
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup biscuit mix (I use Baking Mix Aka "bisquick")
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1In a 1 1/2 qt nonstick saucepan, stir together the flour, sage, thyme and pepper. Stir until mixture begins to brown, watching carefully so the flour doesn't burn.
- 2Whisk in the broth and onion flakes, heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; stir in the vegetables and chicken, bring to a boil.
- 3In a small dish, mix together the biscuit mix, chopped onion and milk until well moistened; drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto boiling stew; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 4Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes; sprinkle with dried parsley the last few minutes of cooking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Stew and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.6 mg
- Sodium 909.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 32.3 g