Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
We started with an existing recipe by beachgirl (Easy Chicken Pot Pie) and made it work for our group - basically we doubled the crust, cut the fat in the crust (the resulting crust still has a nice texture, it just doesn't brown as much) and added lots of parboiled veggies to make it a one dish meal.
- 32 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in pieces and sauteed
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 8 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place cooked chicken in single layer in casserole.
- While chicken is cooking, put chopped veggies in stock pot and add a small amount of water and salt and parboil until almost tender.
- Resulting broth can be used instead of some of the chicken broth.
- Add drained veggies to the chicken in the pan.
- In large bowl, combine soup, bouillon and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Stir with whisk to blend.
- Add remaining broth and mix.
- Pour over chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In medium bowl, mix melted butter, flour, milk and parsley.
- Spoon evenly over soup mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a golden crust forms on top.