Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very filling meal for the winter. I have tweaked this recipe after the several reviews.
Make and share this Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (15 ounce) canned diced potatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (more if you want it cheesier)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 dash garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Saute the onions in the oil until translucent. Combine all veggies, soups, milk, spices & chicken in large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the ingredients together for the biscuit mixture. Pour half of it in the bottom of the pie pan then spread out evenly.
- Next, gently pour in the filling then top with the remaining biscuit mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the top turns golden and filling is completely heated through.
Not quite what I had in mind. This was okay, but I don't think I will repeat it. My sweetheart wasn't too keen on it, either. Flavor was good. I guess I just like a traditional pie-type crust, instead of this cakey one.
Definatley a twist on the traditional pot pie flavor. It was pretty thick and had a ton of potatoes in it. I would swap out the cream of potatoe soup with either cream of chicken or cream of celery. I did like the top and bottom crust idea. Sorry, this just didn't hit the spot for us.