Recipe by MizzNezz
This is the best banana cream pie I have ever tasted! My cousin gave me the recipe years ago, and I have made it many times.
Top Review by Penny R
I made this for the first time today., because I had some bananas about to go bad. I was able to make this pie from things I had in my pantry already. I didn't have any whipping cream (or any money to buy any!:) so I used the egg whites left over from the ingredients and added some powdered sugar and made a meringue to go on top. This pie is beautiful and delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups half-and-half (or milk)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 baked pie crust
- 4 ounces whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In med heavy saucepan, combine flour, sugar, yolks and half and half.
- Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Place half the bananas in bottom of baked pie crust.
- Pour half the filling over bananas.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover with wax paper and chill.
- Whip the cream on high until stiff.
- Beat in the sugar.
- Pile on top of pie.