1/3 Photos of Dixie Stampede Homestyle Cream of Vegetable Soup - Authentic
Are you ready for this? FINALLY! Dolly has revealed her recipe for the YUMMY Dixie Stampede Soup in her cookbook called DOLLY'S DIXIE FIXIN'S. I spent almost $30 just to get the REAL recipe for this soup. There is a less than desirable copycat recipe out on the web. It's just not the same. ENJOY! and leave comments please. :) **Remember, they adapted this recipe for a few servings, not a few thousand servings**UPDATE: I would recommend that you make a white/blonde roux with the butter and flour before add the rest of the ingredients. This will help with the thickening and keep lumps out. It could take a good 15 minutes simmering after adding the half and half to see desired consistency.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons margarine (I use salted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked vegetables (I use diced canned potatoes and canned carrot slices diced very small, Veg-All will work)
- 1 pint half-and-half cream (I've also tried it with heavy cream for a richer taste, mmm)
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a 3-quart sauce pot, melt margarine. Add onion, garlic, and corn syrup. Simmer 1 minute. Do NOT brown.
- 2Add flour, white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and vegetables. Simmer 3 minutes.
- 3Add half-and-half. Simmer until desired consistency. Stir constantly - do NOT bring to boil.
- 4Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dixie Stampede Homestyle Cream of Vegetable Soup - Authentic
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 536.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: