North Croatian Creamy Vegetable Soup
photo by nitko
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 200 g onions
- 200 g carrots
- 100 g parsnips
- 50 g celeriac
- 100 g cauliflower
- 150 g green peas
- 50 g cabbage (savory cabbage,2-3 leaves)
- 150 g kohlrabi
- 100 g tomatoes (optional)
- 50 g green peppers (optional)
- 40 g butter
- 10 g salt
- 5 g pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (grounded)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 3 cups stock (beef)
- 50 g sour cream
- Finely mince onion and sauté it on butter until translucent.
- In the meantime, cut and mince all vegetables into small pieces and put into sautéed onion.
- Add all beef stock, season with salt and pepper and cook 40 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Blend all vegetables with blender or stick blender into creamy liquid. Add thyme and nutmeg and cook 10-15 minutes.
- Add sour cream before serving. Serve hot with croutons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!