Recipe by Abby Girl
This is a simple meal, perfect for everynight cooking.
Top Review by Acerast
WOW!! This is an amazing way to prepare chicken - simple yet so flavorful. We loved it!! As you mentioned - it is perfect for every night cooking - but the flavor was anything but "every nignt". Poaching is a very healthy way to prepare chicken. Quick, healthy and delicious - this is our new favorite chicken dish. Thanks Abby Girl!
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 6 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in heavy large skillet. Bring to gentle simmer over medium-low heat. Add chicken and season with pepper.
- Cover and poach until chicken is just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Boil liquid in skillet until reduced to sauce consistency, about 2 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.