Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just a simple burger for a simple weeknight meal. Goes will with spicy-style fries.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons white wine
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients and gently work into beef (easiest using wet hands).
- Gently shape beef into patties.
- Bake on stovetop or grill to desired degree of doneness.
These were very good. I like the flavor combination. Next time I will add more garlic only because I like alot of garlic. It didn't take anytime at all to mix these up and cook.
These burgers are just delish!! We thought the seasoning was very well balanced. We also thought the fresh thyme and dijon flavors went together well.Thanks s'kat, for a gourmet burger experience.
Absolutely wonderful burgers, definitely simple to prepare on a busy weeknight! I didn't have any red onion in the house, so I substituted shallots. Grilled the burgers on the BBQ, added cheese at the end and topped with a toasted bun. Added a bit of mayo and romaine and served them with new potatoes, which had also been grilled, in foil, on the BBQ with olive oil, garlic, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt. Delicious! Thanks for posting, s'kat!