Spaghetti Carbonara Pie
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese (grated)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large saucepot, prepare spaghetti in boiling salted water as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in blender at low speed, blend ricotta, Romano, eggs, egg yolk, pepper, nutmeg, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepot. Add ricotta mixture, bacon, and remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, stirring to combine.
- Transfer pasta mixture to 2 1/2-quart baking dish (about 2 inches deep). Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until golden around edges and almost set but still slightly liquid in center. Let pie stand 10 minutes before serving (liquid will be absorbed during standing). Cut into wedges to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Just a college student trying to feed myself right! If I do say so myself, I might be catching up to my mom. She makes such WONDERFUL food but never ever wrote a recipe in her life. Growing up.. mom worked so hard (still does) and just didnt have time to show me how to cook. So I try to find recipes to recreate what I remember loving when I lived with them. I call her to ask how to make something and she says "well you know some of this, a little of that.." Oh mommmmm. :) She now frequently gives me the cooking reigns and I am honored. Would NOT be possible without all of the fantastic recipes on RecipeZaar! I attend UNCW here in Wilmington, NC. I hope to teach 5th grade one day soon! Cooking is so much fun to me I could spend hours looking for new recipes My boyfriend supports my habit as well, haha. I wish I had more recipes to post that are original but as I said before.. I don't have very many. I am trying to experiment and come up with my own "style." I have gotten to be an expert grocery shopper! It's probably in my top 3 favorite things to do! Hah! <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">