A quick and delicious potato dish. Great for a weeknight meal. This dish goes very well with the Succulent Roasted Game Hens in a Jiffy recipe. Note to World Tour participants - this dish, the ingredients, and the cooking method, are typical for the Southwest U.S. region. If you add some hot peppers, it will also be typical for U.S./Mexico border cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 russet potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, patted dry
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and celery.
- Cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in potato.
- Add broth; heat to boiling.
- Lower heat to simmer; partially cover pan.
- Cook, turning occasionally, until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.