Sweet Potato Hash
photo by Meghan V.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 small onions
- 2 small apples
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic maple agave syrup (any syrup is fine but with less digestive healthy)
- 1 tablespoon braggs apple cider vinegar (off brand is fine)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees or 350 if using a convection oven.
- Line baking sheet with tin foil, this makes for easy clean up and reduced oil usage for sticking.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into about 1" cubes, rinse in water and place on prepared baking pan.
- Peel and slice onions in half lengthwise and again widthwise to make half moons and place with sweet potatoes.
- Use an apple corer to core and make first slice in apples, then cut apples once lengthwise and again widthwise ( I do not peel my apples as there are nutrients found in the skin, however the choice is yours alone) place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk up remaining 6 ingredients together until combined, then drizzle over mixture on baking sheet.
- Lightly use clean hand or spatula to toss together and covering mixture with sauce.
- Cover tented with tin foil and add 2 tablespoons of water to bottom of pan to assist in moisture retention, then place on middle rack of oven.
- About every 15 minutes, peel back foil, use spatula to toss ingredients around to prevent burning or dry spots, add another 2 tbsps. of water, recover and place back in oven.
- Before removing from oven check to ensure sweet potatoes are done, this can be done with your finger or fork. Peoples taste vary in respect to doneness so use your own judgement in regards to how your like you sweet potatoes.
- Serve warm with any meal or cool and bagged as a healthy on the go snack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!