Sweet Potato Hash
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- Grate the sweet potatoes (either with a box/hand grater or a food processor fitted with a coarse grating disc).
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, about 7 to 9 minutes more (or longer if you like your potatoes crispier).
- Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until just wilted, about 1 or 2 minutes more.
- Note: I like to get my sweet potatoes really browned, so I may end up cooking them a bit longer before adding the spinach.
- Optional; add salt and/or pepper to taste. You could also add hot sauce to taste. It's up to you!
This is a lovely, tasty recipe and love how it’s good for you. I did use the salt and pepper option and also used a combination of shallots and red onion (using a touch more than what the recipe called for). So very good to accompany any meal really. I also enjoyed it on it’s own for lunch the next day. Thank you, LIG, for sharing! Made it for “The Joy of Vegetables” tag game.
I also had a little bit of frozen riced cauliflower on hand and added that. Next time I might add a pinch of cayenne or crushed red peppers, but as it is, this was fantastic. I'll be making it again for sure. I loved that it was super easy to make, felt like comfort food, and really hit the spot. Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I have a wonderful husband and two fantastic kids. I love to read, have fun with family and friends, stay active with: running; soccer; golf; biking; hiking; and gardening. I love to travel. I'm looking forward to more international travel someday. Cooking has become a passion for me. I love to read cookbooks, watch the Food Network, and try new recipes. I have way too many cookbooks! A few of my favorites are: Barefoot Contessa (any - but especially 'Family Style'),Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals 2, Roasting by Barbara Kafka, Beyond Parsley & The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. I try to carefully choose recipes that I think my family will enjoy, which is why most of my ratings are 3-5 stars. Happy cooking!