Red Pepper Coulis
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Serve this sweet and spicy sauce on a simple burger or grilled fish or chicken and turn it into something special. We love it on vegetarian burgers and cornmeal crusted eggplant cutlets.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 sweet red peppers, cored,seeded and cut into dice
- 12 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 16 whole basil leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sweet red peppers and garlic and saute for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the vinegar and sugar.
- Add the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 15 more minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and basil; simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Flavorful, colorful and easy! I was skeptical about using so much olive oil, but the sauce is not oily at all. I did zip the sauce through the blender because my DH prefers smooth sauces... the resulting sauce was a vibrant orangy red puree with flecks of green basil. I used about 2 tablespoons of the sauce over each grilled chicken breast and garnished them with sprigs of fresh basil. A keeper!Reply