Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Brownies like they should be, without any gluten or casein. This is my standby, easy-as-pie brownie recipe, that is really easy to add anything you like into. I use a mix of Bob's All Purpose Gluten-free blend and a little starch for the total of 1/2 c. gluten-free flour. I've made these vegan with egg-replacer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cocoa and margarine 'til well combined.
- Mix in sugar until completely saturated.
- Break egg into a small bowl, then mix completely into cocoa mixture. Do the same with the second egg.
- Stir in extracts.
- Mix in flour, combining completely but not overmixing.
- Stir in non-dairy chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, checking with a toothpick for doneness.
- Let cook in pan, then remove and eat it. Don't share.
An absolutely fabulous and tasty recipe! The entire family loves it! Thanks to my sweetie Denise for introducing me to GF foods!
excellent, moist, and very chocolaty! i used 1/2 cup sugar with a bit (1/8 c) of honey. i didn't use chocolate extract either. thanks!
These brownies are easy to prepare and taste better the second day (if you can hold out that long)! Used canola oil in place of the DF margarine; went with the full cup of sugar; used a third tsp. of vanilla since we didn't have any chocolate extract. When preparing a second batch, used 6 Tbs. GF flour and 2 Tbs. corn starch instead of 1/2 cup GF flour blend for a lighter, crisper, more "wheat like" around the edges brownie texture.