Creamy Potato Soup - Gluten Free/Casein Free
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 quarts water, salted
- 8 potatoes, washed and diced (don't peel)
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (see notes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice milk, divided
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- Boil diced potatoes in 2 quarts of salted water until tender but not mushy; drain potatoes, mash slightly, and set aside.
- In soup pot, combine vegetable broth, onion powder, salt, pepper, margarine, and 1 cup milk substitute; simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together reserved 1/2 cup milk substitute and corn starch until smooth.
- Slowly add corn starch mixture to broth mixture; simmer for another 20-30 minutes, whisking occasionally until thickened and smooth.
- Add potatoes to broth; ladle into soup bowls; garnish and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!