Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from June/July 2003's edition of Cooking Pleasures. Cooking time includes cooling time for frosting.
Top Review by Katzen
A good brownie recipe that makes a nice, deep pan of brownies. I would reduce the butter, though, if making again, because they came out somewhat greasy in appearance - although DH says they're absolutely decadent. Thanks for posting, Sam! Made for PRMR Tag.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- For Brownies:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8in square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk in eggs until well combined.
- In med bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into egg mixture until well combined.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center come out clean but with crumbs attatched (brownie may sink in center).
- Do not overbake.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate, butter and water in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, stir together icing sugar and salt, stir into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cool until frosting thickens slightly (about 30 minutes.).
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies.