Gujarat Carrot Salad
photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 1 lb carrot, roughly shredded
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 green chili pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Shred carrots and place in a bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet on medium heat until hot, pour in mustard and cumin seeds. Cover wok or skillet because they splutter and might pop into your face!
- As soon as the spluttering stops and they become fragrant, remove wok or skillet from stove, add sugar, salt, chili pepper and tumeric, stir until you get a smooth paste.
- Cool about 5 minutes.
- Stir warm spice paste into carrots, add lime juice and mix well.
- Chill for about 30 minutes before serving, then mix well again and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!