Recipe by JPsBarbie
I found myself without a car today and had to come up with dinner from things in the freezer and pantry. A quick inventory was pointing me in the direction of scampi but I wanted something a bit different. This is still very garlicky and yet the creamy cheesy sauce makes it somewhat comforting and very decadent. Served it with some steamed broccoli and crusty bread.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
This is absolutely delicious! So full of flavor and creamy, a decadent comfort food indeed. I cut the recipe in half and made as written using the Old Bay Seasoning. This goes into my seafood rotation and will be made often. Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe. *Made for Spring 2011 PAC*
- 2 cups clam broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning or 2 teaspoons bahama mama seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, Fontina or 3⁄4 cup asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan and add garlic and orzo. Add some of the Bahama Mama seasoning (I prefer it to the Old Bay). Cook about 5 minutes or until orzo turns a golden brown. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add clam broth and water. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes stirring occassionally to keep from clumping.
- Add mushrooms, shrimp, and scallops. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheese. Cover and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, or more of the Bahama Mama seasoning to taste.