Shrimp and Scallop Scampi
This is quick and delicious. It can be served with rice or pasta.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb small shrimp or 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb scallops, quartered
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add shrimp and scallops, and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add wine, basil, pepper flakes, chicken stock, and sugar.
- Simmer about 4 minutes, until shrimp are pink and scallops opaque.
- Add butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
- Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I didn't realize I didn't have enough white wine once I started to cook this, so I dug through the pantry to see if I had white wine vinegar, and I came across a bottle of "Sherry cooking wine" from who know when. It smelled fine, so I subbed 3/4 c. of it, and an additional 1/4 cup of chicken bouillon, for the 1 cup white wine and 1 tsp of sugar. I also have to say, I was leery of using a LARGE onion, but I had blind faith and figured for 5 stars it had to be right. I have also learned, with my keen taste buds and those of my sweetie, to double or triple whatever the amount of garlic that is in the recipe (for this one, I doubled it). I've not made this recipe before so I have nothing to compare it to taste-wise, but I will tell you that this was one absolutely amazing dinner! As in, something I would expect to get at a really good restaurant! THANK YOU!