1/2 Photos of DAGING BUMBU BALI - Indonesian meat-dish
2 hrs 20 mins
I have cooked this dish for more then 25 years and the only thing I have changed about it is that I don't eat it on the day I cook it. I put it in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze it, (leaving the leaves in), until I need it. This has two reasons, the flavors improve and as the cook I find you can enjoy it more because the smell of the spices, when cooking lessens your appetite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add enough water to the beef to cover, bring very slowly to a simmer and cook until done, (as with making any stock, this can take a few hours).
- 2Put in the food processor: onions, sambal, chilies, garlic and shrimp paste.
- 3Process until you have a paste.
- 4Fry this paste in the oil on a medium heat for a few minutes together with the kaffir and bay leaves.
- 5Add the soja sauce, a little vinegar, the cooked meat and 1 to 2 cups of the meat stock.
- 6Simmer for approx 15 minutes, and then taste for salt, sugar and maybe more vinegar.
- 7Serve this with rice and other Indonesian dishes, what is really great as a little side dish is to quarter a few bananas and quickly fry them in butter until brown and starting to soften, keep warm in the oven until you are ready to serve.
- 8The little chilies make this dish pretty hot and I sometimes leave them out.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for DAGING BUMBU BALI - Indonesian meat-dish
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.3
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 68.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves