1/2 Photos of Curry Chicken Pasta Salad
1 hr 20 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
Another great recipe from Penzey's Spices. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon sweet curry powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 quarts water (for boiling pasta)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb dry pasta
- 2 cups snap peas, chopped in half
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1Combine curry, oil, and 1 T lemon juice, pour over chicken, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- 2Heat large nonstick skillet over med heat, add chicken.
- 3Cook, stirring regularly, about 3 min (or more). Reduce the heat a bit if the sauce starts to darken.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat, let cool while the pasta boils.
- 5Boil pasta in salt and water, rinse and set aside. For about the final 2 min of cooking time, add the peas, drain and rinse w/rest of pasta.
- 6While pasta cooks, prepare the salad dressing. It is important to have dressing done at same time as pasta, so pasta doesn’t sit w/out dressing too long, as it will clump.
- 7In a large bowl, blend minced red onion, mayonnaise, mustard and 1 T lemon juice.
- 8Add the curried chicken w/all the sauce out of the pan; whisk to blend.
- 9Add pasta and peas, toss to coat and add salt if desired.
- 10Serve right away or chilled for later. 8-12 servings.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curry Chicken Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.3
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 341.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: