Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
"In this rice dish, green onions give great color, raisins bring a touch of sweetness and almonds add crunch. I think you'll agree the mild curry flavor pleases all palates. --Lee Bremson, Kansas City, Missouri." Courtesy of Taste of Home Magazine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in rice and curry powder.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, heat broth and salt.
- Pour over rice mixture; stir.
- Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in raisins, almonds and remaining onions.
This was the recipe I have been searching for, for SO LONG! I had this at someone's place once and I loved it. The ingredient combination makes such a unique taste! I made a double batch and it fed 6 adult and 6 kids. I barely had any left over and nearly everyone had seconds with lots of compliments and one recipe request. I had it with a Roasted Chicken, squash, carrots, corn, buns and salad. Thanks for posting Juenessa!