Peanut Butter Ice Cream
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until thick, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour milk into a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Gradually drizzle the hot milk into the eggs while whisking vigorously. Then pour the whole mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in peanut butter. Allow to cool slightly, then whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, half-and-half and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Fold in peanut butter cups when mixture is still soft, then transfer to a container, and freeze until solid.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This seemed to take a lot of time, but it tasted AMAZING and as of maybe 6 hours after freezing, probably because of a caramel-like consistency, didn't freeze so hard that we couldn't scoop it. I should note that I made this with extra-large eggs, which have more white than normal. Next time I'll see how it goes with large eggs.
It's been a while since I wanted to try peanut butter ice cream and I found your recipe. I had to try it. :) And I'm glad I did. It has a wonderful taste. And the texture is very creamy and thick. It was not hard to do but took a little bit of time but it was worth it. Thanks StrikingEyes. Made for PAC Fall 2008
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm 28 years old and I absolutely love to cook. I love to try new things and lucky for me, my husband and son both love to eat! <br /> <br />Here are some pics of my little boy :) <br /> <br /><a href=http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/?action=view?t=rehearsal16.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/rehearsal16.jpg border=0 alt=Ring Bearer /></a> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/?action=view?t=rehearsal13.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/rehearsal13.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /> <br />Here is a picture of my husband and I <br /> <br /><a href=http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/?action=view?t=rehearsal11.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/rehearsal11.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /> <br />I love this site and I love all of you for your deliciouse contributions! I feel like it is because of this site that I have become a great cook! I am learning to experiment with flavors and enjoy working with food to find what goes best with what. <br /> <br /><a href=http://www.amazingcounter.com><img src=http://c9.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=1969216&c=5907961 border=0 alt= /></a><a href=http://www.vitamindeals.info/articles/vitamin-c.html></a> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>