photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bunches spinach, washed and stems trimmed or (10 ounce) bags spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups cooked rice, preferably basmati
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Saute spinach with salt just until leaves are wilted. Drain off excess liquid; reserve spinach.
- Wipe out skillet and melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Saute onion until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add cumin, cardamom, coriander and turmeric and stir to combine. Add cooked rice, tomatoes and reserved spinach and cook, stirring gently to combine, just until the rice is warmed through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!