From Cooking Light. Son, DIL, and 4 year old gs recommended so fixed it myself. Loved the salsa! GS eats it w/o the jalapeno in salsa. Serve with coleslaw and black beans or rice. Shh... cheat and make it with ground cumin and cilantro that comes in a tube. Think if you wanted a stronger taste, you could apply rub earlier. Might be good on shrimp.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup avocado, peeled sliced
- 2⁄3 cup mango, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced (optional)
- 8 corn tortillas, 6 inch
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, cook 2 minutes or until toasted, shaking pan frequently.
- Combine cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, and black pepper in a spice grinder; process until finely ground.
- Combine cumin mixture and garlic; rub over fish.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add oil to pan swirling to coat.
- Add fish; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Salsa: Combine remaining 1/4 t. salt, avocado, and next 6 ingredients (through 1/4 t. red pepper).
- Stir in optional jalapeno.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Break fish into pieces; divide evenly among tortillas.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons salsa.
- Fold tortillas in half; serve immediately.