1/1 Photo of Cumin-Seasoned Fish Tacos
From Cooking Light. Son, DIL, and 4 year old gs recommended so fixed it myself. Loved the salsa! GS eats it w/o the jalapeno in salsa. Serve with coleslaw and black beans or rice. Shh... cheat and make it with ground cumin and cilantro that comes in a tube. Think if you wanted a stronger taste, you could apply rub earlier. Might be good on shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add cumin seeds, cook 2 minutes or until toasted, shaking pan frequently.
- 3Combine cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, and black pepper in a spice grinder; process until finely ground.
- 4Combine cumin mixture and garlic; rub over fish.
- 5Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add oil to pan swirling to coat.
- 6Add fish; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- 7Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 8Salsa: Combine remaining 1/4 t. salt, avocado, and next 6 ingredients (through 1/4 t. red pepper).
- 9Stir in optional jalapeno.
- 10Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- 11Break fish into pieces; divide evenly among tortillas.
- 12Top each with 2 tablespoons salsa.
- 13Fold tortillas in half; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cumin-Seasoned Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 699.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 36.2 g