Light and Yummy Fish Tacos
I have adopted this recipe as I have made it quite often, Original into: Made this up one day and it is so good I thought I would post it. I marinated my halibut for 2 hours in Mariel's Amazing Salad Dressing recipe #106449 - this is optional.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb halibut fillets, skin removed or 1 lb another white fish fillet, your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 green cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- guacamole (see $notetemplate1$)
- salsa (see Salsa Fresca $notetemplate1$)
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed (see $notetemplate1$)
- Make the cabbage slaw: chiffonade cabbage, add onion, cucumber and cilantro; squeeze juice of 1 lime over the top and toss; add salt and pepper to taste; let sit at room for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a non-stick oven proof pan over medium heat, add olive oil, add halibut and brown on one side, turn halibut over and put pan in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until halibut is flakey and cooked through.
- To serve: flake cooked halibut into a bowl and serve with warmed corn tortillas and the bowls of the cabbage slaw, guacamole and salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this with Tilapia seared it with EVO salt and pepper and baked as directed in the recipie the fish came out perfect. I made a Recipe #18942 and spread it on the tortillas then added the fish, topped with cabbage slaw, my homemade salsa. I only had 1 small avacado, not enough for guacomle so i just sliced it up and topped the taco off with it. Thank U so much for this recipie it is definately a keeper!!Reply
I followed some of the suggestions in the reviews. I marinated the fish in lime juice, old Bay seasoning and cumin. I didn't have cucumbers and didn't miss them. I used Coleslaw mix that was already chopped. I fried the fish in a non stick skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil. It came together very fast and it was as good as restaurant fish tacos. I doubt I will order it in a restaurant any more because I can make it so quick and healthy at home. Great recipe.Replies 1