Recipe by BecR
A cool and refreshing accompaniment to fish or meat dishes, this classic cucumber salad is so simple and good! You can sub dill for the chives, if desired. Recipe is an old one that has been handed down through the generations, from my mother and grandmother.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmm, a creamy, tasty delight!!!! Perfect for a warm spring or summers day! The chives and sour cream go so well with the cucumber and even though the ingredients are simple, the finished salads is not flat in any way. It has subtle layers of flavours mingled into one creamy yummyness. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this authentic German salad recipe with us. Now I can tell my mum that I can make this traditional dish, too. :) Made and reviewed for The Herb of the Month Tag Game in the French Forum and the Diabetic Pool Party May 2010.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup good quality sour cream, chilled
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumbers and slice them paper thin (or as thinly as possible), and drain if watery.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream and chives. Add cucumber slices and stir gently to coat.
- Season to taste with salt (go easy on the salt) and pepper.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill for up to one day.