Red Smashed Potatoes
photo by Marie Nixon
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red creamer potatoes, washed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 tablespoons chives
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot, then reduce heat and simmer until done.
- Drain and place on low heat for a couple minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Add milk, butter, sour cream and chives.
- Mash and add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love mashed potatoes, sour cream and chives so had to give this recipe a try. My potatoes were rather large so I added extra butter and sour cream. I think next time I would prefer peeling the potatoes but all in all very tasty! Thank you for posting this recipe Marie. Made and reviewed for the Red Tag Game in the TOTM forum.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.