No-Boil Crispy Roasted Smashed Potatoes
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb small red potato
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry. Prick each one twice with the tip of a sharp knife. Arrange in the microwave in a circle. Microwave on high until tender, approximately 4 minutes, but will vary depending on microwave and size of the potatoes. (I use my automatic "Potato" setting.).
- Line cookie sheet with foil (I prefer no-stick). Place cooked potatoes on cookie sheet and gently 'smash' by pressing down with the back of a spatula. Drizzle olive oil over them, turning to coat. Sprinkle with seasoning salt or salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast at 400°F for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and crispy, depending on desired degree of doneness. Turning halfway through. Serve hot.
- Note: it only takes about 20 minutes in my convection oven if I roast them while they are still hot from the microwave. If they have cooled, it takes longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.