Potato Chive Rolls
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 4 1⁄2 - 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 -4 teaspoons chopped fresh chives or 3 -4 teaspoons dried chives
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, potato flakes, sugar, chives, salt and yeast; blend well.
- In small saucepan, heat milk and sour cream until very warm (120 to 130 F).
- Add warm liquid and eggs to flour mixture.
- Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, stir in remaining 3 to 3 1/2 cups flour to form a stiff dough.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel; Let rise in warm place (80 to 85 F) until light and doubled in size, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Generously grease 13x9-inch pan.
- On floured surface, knead dough gently until no longer sticky; Divide dough into 24 pieces; shape into balls; Place in greased pan.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Heat over to 375°F Uncover dough; Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan immediately; cool on wire rack.
- If desired, lightly dust tops of rolls with flour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious pull-apart rolls, even though I may have used a little more chives than called for. As I only use bread machine yeast (in the jar) so I used 4 teaspoons which seemed about right -- the dough rose wonderfully high and fast(so maybe next time I'll cut down to 3 1/2 teaspoons) Next time I will use a bigger pan so the rolls have more room to spread though. Thanks for sharing this delicious way of using garden chives.
Unfortunately these bread rolls didn't work out very well for us. I know that bread is a bit of a science so have decided not to rate these as it could well have been one of the ingredients that I used. I will try again sometime and would love to read other reviews as I feel these would be very tasty if they worked.