Recipe by Weeezer0421
After looking over all the cube steak recipes this is what I came up with. My family loved these and now they want cube steaks at least once a week!! Fork tender you don't need a knife for these! Mashed potatoes go well with these.
Top Review by coleen114
"This is a keeper", said my husband. I used venison steaks instead of cube steaks, but all else was as written. This produced a nice rich gravy and even though my steaks were thinner than cube steaks, the two hours was right on, although I did reduce the temp to 200 after an hour and a half because I didn't want them to dry out. Oh, and I did as Chumleyathome suggested and put a little gravy in the bottom of the pan before adding the steaks.
- 4 -6 cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the cube steaks in 1 tablespoon butter, until browned on both sides.
- Transfer the browned cube steaks to a covered casserole dish.
- Saute the onions and Mushrooms in remaining tablespoon butter until softened about 5-6 minutes.
- Place the mushroom/onion mixture over the browned cube steaks in casserole dish.
- Mix the soups until well combined, add the minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, kitchen bouquet stirring until well combined.
- Pour mixture over cube steaks and mushroom onion mixture.
- Place in preheated 350°F oven, covered and bake for 2 hours.