I have made this for years with many changes along the way and here is what I have for now. Simple quick meal. For a extra depth in flavor use CAVENDER'S All Purpose Greek Seasoning instead of salt and pepper.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 lbs beef cube steaks (4 steaks)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed golden mushroom soup
- 16 ounces beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- flour (for dredging)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt and pepper both sides of steaks and dredge in flour.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat melt butter and olive oil, stir in mushrooms and onion and sauté until tender, transfer to plate, brown steaks on both sides and then transfer to plate with onions and mushrooms.
- Pour beef broth into skillet and stir to deglaze then add golden mushroom soup and stir to combine. Add steaks, onions and mushrooms, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about one hour.
- 2 tablespoons each corn starch and water can be stirred in at the last to make thicker gravy.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a really good recipe. Others have commented that you shouldn't substitute cream of mushroom for the golden mushroom and they are right. I make this once every couple months. Recently had to substitute Lipton onion soup mix (the dry stuff) for the soup and we really liked it. I just increased the fresh mushrooms by half.Reply
see 14 more