Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. These are scrumptious!
- 1⁄2 of a 7 ounce jar sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 French baguettes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon pitted ripe olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup feta or 1 cup soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving oil; set aside. Bias-slice the bread into forty 1/2" slices. Lightly brush 1 side of each slice with some of the reserved oil. Bake in a 400 degree oven 4-5 minutes each side or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the tomatoes. In a small bowl stir together the tomatoes, onion, capers, olives and garlic: set aside. In a small mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and milk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in the feta or goat cheese cheese till nearly smooth.
- To serve, spread cheese mixture on oiled side of toasts. Top with a small amount of tomato mixture. Serve immediately.