photo by KissMyTiara
- Ready In:
- Position rack in the upper part of oven and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Using a bread knife, cut bread on the diagnal into slices 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush each side lightly with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake, turning once until lightly golden.
- Watch carefully and do not allow crostini to toast til hard.
- This is no time to watch TV.
- Remove from oven and rub with the garlic clove.
- Crostini can be topped with a lot of things like fresh herbs, anchovy spreads, olives, artichoke, ricotta-- etc--.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was looking for a basic crostini recipe and this was it. I brushed both sides with a mixture of olive oil and bottled pureed roasted garlic. I cut some on the diagonal and others (for appetizers) straight down. Will make again for sure. Update: I have discovered that bottled roasted garlic olive oil (in Canada there is a President Choice brand of this) lightly brushed on each side is very quick, easy and tasty. When I see half priced day-old baguettes, I usually pick up one or 2, slice and the freeze to have on hand when I want to make crostini.