Recipe by Actressdancer
This was a throw-together dish that resulted from defrosted meat, no fresh veggies, and a deep desire to break out my crock pot. The meat was falling apart tender (enough so that my 14 month old could eat it with no problems) and the juice was perfect over mashed potatoes. I'm sure you could use more steaks that what I did for the amount of juice, but this is typed out just as I made it.
Top Review by pammyowl
This was delicious! The meat was so tender and flavorful. I did make a few adjustments; I added 2 tbsp. beef bouillon and reduced the vinegar to one tbsp of red wine vinegar My DH had his in a tortilla, I had mine over brown rice. The juice was great on the rice! Thanks for posting, made for Spring PAC 2013
- 3 sirloin tip steaks (large thin cuts)
- 4 cups water
- 8 ounces salsa (about half an average jar)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Press garlic cloves into the crock pot using garlic press, or finely mince using another method, adding juice and pulp to the crock. For the beginner cook, 1 Tbs of dry minced garlic can be substituted.
- Add all other ingredients to the crock except steaks.
- Whisk together until well blended and tomato paste is no longer clumpy.
- Submerge steaks in sauce.
- Cover and simmer 4-5 hours on HIGH.