This was a throw-together dish that resulted from defrosted meat, no fresh veggies, and a deep desire to break out my crock pot. The meat was falling apart tender (enough so that my 14 month old could eat it with no problems) and the juice was perfect over mashed potatoes. I'm sure you could use more steaks that what I did for the amount of juice, but this is typed out just as I made it.
- Press garlic cloves into the crock pot using garlic press, or finely mince using another method, adding juice and pulp to the crock. For the beginner cook, 1 Tbs of dry minced garlic can be substituted.
- Add all other ingredients to the crock except steaks.
- Whisk together until well blended and tomato paste is no longer clumpy.
- Submerge steaks in sauce.
- Cover and simmer 4-5 hours on HIGH.